Monday, April 25, 2011

Spring Cleaning

The walls in my house are closing in on us.  We recently got new carpet in the bedrooms and I swear the measurements didn't add up right.  Our rooms are definitely two square feet smaller than when we moved in.  I know we would never have bought a house with so little living area, so that is the only explanation.  Then again, maybe our 'junk' is multiplying.  It is not safe to walk through my house.  I feel like I am dancing as I move down the hallway.  Any misstep could result in injury from the hundreds of small choking hazard toys strewn about.  Where did they all come from?  I think the neighborhood kids must be dumping all their unwanted toys in our house.  I usually keep up with the clutter but it looks like I have let things go a bit.  I was recently sick, but since that was almost a month ago my excuse is getting a little weak.  We were living in Mississippi when Hurricane Katrina hit the gulf coast.  For a couple of weeks during our evacuation we weren't sure if we had lost everything.  I must admit that for a moment I was disappointed to find out that all our personal belongings were safe.  That was about five years ago though.  We would have had plenty of time to fill our house again.  It looks like it is time for spring cleaning.  Then again, there is always next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment