Friday, April 22, 2011

Wasteful

I found a wonderful surprise in my bathroom as I went in to get ready for bed.  There before me was a winter wonderland.  The floor was completely covered in at least fifty tampons.  Apparently my two oldest sons had not gone right to bed like I thought.  I had to laugh for a moment, but then I realized what this meant.  A midnight run to Walmart.  The economy being what it is, I try to do my part by not being wasteful.  I had been rationing out my feminine supplies, and the sight before me was supposed to last through the next month as well.  I grew up with a very thrifty mother who taught us not to waste anything.  She got a little excited every time our house got TP-ed.  Free toilet paper for a month!  I couldn't bring myself to go to that extreme.  I nearly cried at the wastefulness of it all.  I vowed never to leave my personal items laying out again.  My memory must not be great, because the very next day my daughter came running up to me, excited to show off her new spelling skills.  I listened carefully as she spelled out K-O-T-E-X and T-A-M-P-O-N-S.  Either she came across my stash or the teachers are getting more creative with their spelling lists these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment